Search Recent Home Sales
- Change from 199021%
- Population density1,226 per square mile
- Median household income$75,249.0
- Median age49 years
- Married with children15% of households
- Median age of dwellings16 years
- Owner-occupied49% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYC2 hours
- Crime risk41 (100 = national average)
Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
Community description: The "gateway to the Hamptons," Center Moriches is located on the south shore of Long Island, between Manhattan and Montauk Point. About 7,000 people reside in this charming seaside village. "Center Moriches is a great place with a nice, small town ambiance that people crave," said Geraldine Sapanaro of Moriches Bay Realty.
Condos and coops: Not available
Apartment rentals: Nearby Manorville offers some apartments, but there are no complexes in Center Moriches.
New construction: Currently underway is a retirement condominium community; units will cost mid $500,000-$800,000.
Beautification projects: The City of Commerce?s Downtown Revitalization Corps has a few projects underway, which include the installation of a new clock, as well as the development of a new park. "Many exciting projects are on the agenda in this wonderful small town village," reports Sapanaro.
Shopping: There are a number of boutiques, gifts shops, as well as larger chain stores such as CVS and Blockbuster. Two major supermarkets, King Kullen and Waldbaums, are located in town.
Attractions: With access to the ocean by way of the inlet, residents of Center Moriches keep busy year-round boating, fishing, yachting, and sailing.
*Classroom teachers with a master's degree plus 30 hours or a doctorate.
**Graduates receiving Regents diplomas with advanced designation.
For more test scores and other school information, visit our
- My Home Photos Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.
- Explore Long Island Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.