Search Recent Home Sales
- Change from 199020%
- Population density3,883 per square mile
- Median household income$87,818.0
- Median age38 years
- Married with children39% of households
- Median age of dwellings33 years
- Owner-occupied77% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYCFrom Ronkonkoma: 69-85 minutes
- Crime risk38 (100 = national average)
Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
Subdivisions continue to sprout in the village. For instance, custom homes at Windwood Oaks on Moriches Road are being built in three phases. The first, with spacious homes priced from $820,000 to the mid-$900,000 range, is almost complete, said Diane Lasak, the development's sales agent, noting two lots are still available.
Encore Lake Grove, a gated community for adults 55 and older located opposite Smith Haven Mall, has 228 luxury town houses priced from the upper-$400,000s to the mid-$600,000s.
Quiet neighborhoods feature ranches, capes, Colonials, Victorians and contemporaries for $320,000 to $800,000-plus, said Carrie Mitchell, broker-owner of Century 21 Cambridge in Lake Grove.
New recreational areas include Robert J. Henke Park off Pond Path Drive and a recreation center by the village green where summer concerts are held.
Suffolk County recently purchased 10 acres around Goulds Pond off Moriches Road as a preserve, Mayor Robert Scottaline said.
-Lisa Doll Bruno (8/4/2006)
*Classroom teachers with a master's degree plus 30 hours or a doctorate.
**Graduates receiving Regents diplomas with advanced designation.
For more test scores and other school information, visit our
- My Home Photos Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.
- Explore Long Island Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.