Search Recent Home Sales
- Change from 19900%
- Population density7,805 per square mile
- Median household income$80,279.0
- Median age39 years
- Married with children39% of households
- Median age of dwellings50 years
- Owner-occupied88% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYC45-59 minutes
- Crime risk31 (100 = national average)
Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
Community description: This is where suburbia got its start. Developer William Levitt produced more than 17,000 "Levitt" capes between 1947 and 1951 and sold them to World War II veterans and their families. The dream of owning a home and a piece of suburbia is still very much alive today. "This is a great starter area," says Robert Biancanello of Century 21 Prevete Real Estate in Levittown, noting the area still attracts many first-time home buyers.
Condos: Newbridge Garden has one unit, a two-bedroom, two-bathroom priced at $324,990, currently listed on Multiple Listing Service of Long Island's Web site.
Apartment rentals: House rentals start at about $1,900 a month for a farm ranch. A cape might rent for $3,100 a month.
New construction: A few new houses are going up, including a four-bedroom postmodern listed at $949,000 on Bell Lane. Four new Colonials, including the "high-end" home featured on this page, were recently built; two are in contract.
Shopping: A plethora of retailers and eateries can be found in the area, especially along Hempstead Turnpike.
Attractions: Movie theaters, comedy clubs and bowling alleys, to name a few. Plus a few parks and the South Shore beaches are not too far away.
- Lisa Doll Bruno (7/13/2007)
*Classroom teachers with a master's degree plus 30 hours or a doctorate.
**Graduates receiving Regents diplomas with advanced designation.
For more test scores and other school information, visit our
- My Home Photos Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.
- Explore Long Island Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.