Search Recent Home Sales
- Change from 19908%
- Population density5,589 per square mile
- Median household income$77,959.0
- Median age37 years
- Married with children38% of households
- Median age of dwellings43 years
- Owner-occupied70% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYC55-70 minutes
- Crime risk36 (100 = national average)
Recent Home SalesRecent home sales in Huntington Station/Dix Hills
Search sales dating back to 1992
Ambitious efforts to restore the area by the train depot to its former glory are well under way. The goal is to reinvigorate and give it a downtown feel, says Rob Ripp, chairman of the Town of Huntington Economic Development Corp.
The first streetscape phase, including brick walks, vintage-style lamp posts and new trees, began in the fall along the west side of New York Avenue.
The town's private partner, Giamo/Einsidler Parr Development, will build a 15,000-square-foot cultural and retail center in the image of the hamlet's original firehouse at the corner of Northridge Street and New York Avenue, said president Kathy Giamo.
Housing choices range from affordable apartments along New York Avenue to $1 million-plus single-family homes, as well as co-ops and a few multi-family residences.
South Huntington (south of Jericho Turnpike) is treated like a separate real estate market but is part of the community that offers an assortment of restaurants, shops, services and retail stores, including those at the Walt Whitman Mall.
-Lisa Doll Bruno (3/2/2007)
*Classroom teachers with a master's degree plus 30 hours or a doctorate.
**Graduates receiving Regents diplomas with advanced designation.
For more test scores and other school information, visit our
- My Home Photos Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.
- Explore Long Island Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.