Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
- Change from 19904%
- Population density6,144 per square mile
- Median household income$82,205.0
- Median age41 years
- Married with children35% of households
- Median age of dwellings46 years
- Owner-occupied84% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYC39-52 minutes at peak
- Crime risk33 (100 = national average)
Many people are drawn to the sizable hamlet of Hicksville, local real estate agents say, for its conveniences and central location in Nassau County.
Among its assets are its retail shops - lots of them, including those at the Broadway Mall - and its restaurants, a couple of museums, recreation areas such as Cantiague Park, a major train station and access to the major highways.
The Town of Oyster Bay opened the William P. Bennett Hicksville Community Center on Broadway and the John Walker Memorial Park, which has playing fields and a playground. The town has also begun to implement a few beautification projects under the Hicksville Hamlet plan, approved in 2004, says town spokeswoman Phyllis Barry. Improvements include new bus shelters, tree plantings and new benches and trash cans in the downtown area.
Leafy neighborhoods offer an array of architectural styles, including Colonials, capes, ranches, high ranches, split-levels and a smattering of two-family homes.
- Lisa Doll Bruno (12/30/06)