Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
- Change from 19901%
- Population density7,373 per square mile
- Median household income$107,142.0
- Median age44 years
- Married with children35% of households
- Median age of dwellings51 years
- Owner-occupied77% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYC39-45 minutes
- Crime risk38 (100 = national average)
Hewlett is the oldest settled community within the Five Towns area, which includes Woodmere, Lawrence, Cedarhurst and Inwood.
As in other communities, many of Hewlett's homes are being renovated or overhauled, says Marsha Levy of Pugatch Realty in Valley Stream.
With virtually no land left to develop, one knockdown might lead to a subdivision with multiple new houses, as was the case with four new Colonials built at the corner of Centre Avenue, Hamilton Street and Franklin Avenue.
Condos, co-ops and apartments also can be found. Luxury homes in the nearby villages of Hewlett Bay Park, Hewlett Neck and Hewlett Harbor are generally priced from $900,000 to $4 million.
There are recreational opportunities at the 35-acre Grant Park and Grant Park Pond and many shops, services and professional services along Peninsula Boulevard, East Broadway and Broadway.
- Lisa Doll Bruno (2/23/2007)