Search Recent Home Sales
- Change from 19903%
- Population density7,464 per square mile
- Median household income$68,279.0
- Median age40 years
- Married with children29% of households
- Median age of dwellings43 years
- Owner-occupied64% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYC51-60 minutes by LIRR
- Crime risk2 (100 = national average)
Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
There are about 120 retail stores, professional services and 30 eateries within walking distance in downtown Farmingdale, says village clerk-treasurer John Giordano.
In the past decade, enhancements such as brick sidewalks, ornamental lighting, benches, flower baskets and storefront signs have appeared along Main Street. The community's long-awaited gazebo-bandstand on the village green hosts a popular summer concert series, Mayor George Graf said.
"People like the village because it has a hometown feeling," said Larry Theodore, broker associate of Weichert Realtors, The Dallow Agency.
Tree-lined neighborhoods feature a variety of house styles, including capes, Colonials, Tudors, split-levels and ranches.
The railroad station, built in 1896, has been restored and is a national landmark. SUNY Farmingdale (not part of the village) was established as an Agricultural and Technical College in 1914.
Bethpage State Park, (a portion of which is in the village), was the site of the 2002 U.S. Open. Allen Park (outside the village) features ball fields and a new skate park. There are programs and services for seniors.
- Lisa Doll Bruno (4/30/2004)
*Classroom teachers with a master's degree plus 30 hours or a doctorate.
**Graduates receiving Regents diplomas with advanced designation.
For more test scores and other school information, visit our
- My Home Photos Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.
- Explore Long Island Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.