Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
- Change from 199020%
- Population density724 per square mile
- Median household income$108,162.0
- Median age49 years
- Married with children23% of households
- Median age of dwellings26 years
- Owner-occupied29% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYCFrom Westhampton, 1 hour, 54 minutes- 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Crime risk31 (100 = national average)
Quogue is for those who enjoy a quiet lifestyle surrounded by nature on the East End.
While the small village is mainly residential, there are several businesses here, as well as a few stores, including a deli and antique shop, along Jessup Avenue, considered the community's main street. Village hall and the fire and police departments are there as well.
Nearby are the renovated Quogue Library, built in 1897; the Old School House Museum, which is open during the summer months; and the Quogue Field Club, a public golf course.
Take the bridge to Dune Road and the scent of ocean salt air permeates the Quogue Village Beach.
Neighborhoods feature mostly post-modern, traditional and contemporary-style homes that occupy at least one acre of property.
The village also offers the Quogue Wildlife Refuge, which includes the Charles Bank Belt Nature Center and the Distressed Wildlife Complex.
Residents can food shop in Westhampton or East Quogue.
- Lisa Doll Bruno (9/20/2002)