Search Recent Home Sales
- Change from 199029%
- Population density2,023 per square mile
- Median household income$110,231.0
- Median age39 years
- Married with children44% of households
- Median age of dwellings24 years
- Owner-occupied90% of homes
- LIRR travel time to NYCFrom Port Jefferson, 96-117 minutes
- Crime risk36 (100 = national average)
Recent Home Sales
Search sales dating back to 1992
While several large developments have popped in Mount Sinai in recent years, the community has retained much of its bucolic feel with tracts of wooded landscapes remaining intact.
Tranquil neighborhoods offer Colonials, ranch styles and contemporaries, as well as newer Victorians and postmodern homes that often sit on sprawling properties.
Some of the latest projects include The Hamlet at Willow Creek, a gated golf club community of 177 single-family homes, being built by the Holiday Organization. Prices of the homes started at about $525,000, with some now going for more than $800,000. Another notable project is Central Park on the "Wedge." The park, which borders Route 25A, Mount Sinai-Coram Road and County Road 83, includes a community center, playing fields, botanical garden, trails and an amphitheater.
The historic district along North Country and Shore roads includes homes that are more than 200 years old, and Mount Sinai Congregational Church, built in 1807.
At the harbor and Cedar Beach, amenities include a fishing pier, marinas, nature trail and the Mount Sinai Yacht Club. The harbor is also used by commercial clammers and lobstermen.
Students attend the Mount Sinai school district.
- Lisa Doll Bruno (2/13/2004)
*Classroom teachers with a master's degree plus 30 hours or a doctorate.
**Graduates receiving Regents diplomas with advanced designation.
For more test scores and other school information, visit our
- My Home Photos Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.
- Explore Long Island Show off shots of your house, interior decor or backyard.